Roof leaks can lead to disastrous consequences for a home. Aside from the annoyance of fetching a bucket every time it rains, a homeowner must also consider what the leak has done to his or her property. Often enough, leaks have accomplished major damage before obvious indicators of their presence even appear. In order to avoid future leaks, it helps to understand the causes of a leaking roof.
Reasons for a Leaking Roof
To avoid roof leaks, a homeowner should schedule regular inspections of the roof. These become especially important after storms, as weather events will both cause roof leaks and trigger their subsequent appearance.
- Cracked or Corroded Flashing: Old-fashioned flashing like tar will eventually crack, while new metal flashing can rust or corrode.
- Damaged or Missing Shingles: Serious storms can damage shingles through hail, or displace them completely through high winds.
- Improperly Sealed Valleys: Run-off will gather in your roof’s valleys, which can create leaks if these areas aren’t properly sealed.
- Improperly Installed Skylights: Incorrect measurements at installation can impair the seal around skylights.
- Clogged Gutters: Rainfall can pool on your roof, which will wear down roofing materials and create leaks.
- Damaged Chimneys: A chimney’s mortar can degrade over time, which causes cracks for the entrance of water.
- Attic Condensation: Improper ventilation via your roof’s soffit can allow for condensation in your attic.
Your Fast, Local Solution
At TQM Roof Solutions, we’re your local solution for roof leak repair. If your roofing leak developed on account of storm damage, then you can depend on our team for help with the insurance claims process. Of course, we as roofers cannot service all leaks, as some require plumbing leak repair. If you determine that the source of your problem is a leaking roof in Fort Worth, TX, call 682-708-5166 today for dependable service.